Friday, January 27, 2012

Beastybats & Balderdash: A Very Merry Un-Birthday to You


"Time doesn't really exist, y'know, and neither do ages." Maggie thought her little sister should know the truth and no one else seemed eager to tell her. "It's just an illusion, like magic tricks and stuff."

Penny stared at her big sister without a hint of understanding, her head tilted slightly to keep the sparkly, gold crown aloft.

"But I'm six today," she insisted, her small self framed by balloons and a birthday banner and gifts piled high at the breakfast table. "Yesterday I was five and today I'm six."

"Not according to Einstein, you're not." Maggie glanced up to see if her words were having any effect -- they weren't.

"Oh well, Happy Birthday anyway," she mumbled, returning to her book. 

Schroedinger's cat would have to wait another year.

---


I'd like to wish a very Happy Birthday to my beautiful mother 
and my incredible daughter....even if time is an illusion. 
Much love to you both, today and always!

"Fly free and happy beyond birthdays and across forever, 
and we'll meet now and then when we wish, 
in the midst of the one celebration that never can end." 
~ Richard Bach

About Beastybats & Balderdash. Photo by Nguyen-Anh Le. Story by Amanda Amos.

1 comment:

  1. I see you've read Einstein's Dreams!

    Thank you for the birthday wishes. I am so lucky and happy that Katie and I share the same birthday...how special is that???!!!!

    ReplyDelete